Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hats Off To Coaches And Introverts Everywhere

This weekend Salmon hosted as mite hockey tournament and our friend Fritz was coaching Ethan's team. Fritz and my husband have something in common...they are both introverts. Now Russ and Fritz usually deal with this by running the time clock from the comfort of a heated shack...minimal contact - just their speed....


This is last year.....


 BUT somehow this year Fritz got coaching duty (Dan Bill probably had something to do with it) and was thrust into the limelight...

This is Dan Bill...notice he has a black eye in this picture....never say no to guys with black eyes (even if you can kick their hiney's at foosball)! 

Right before the first game I went over to the locker room to see if Fritz needed any help. This is the conversation that followed...."We're good and I put um, um, um (at this point Fritz is trying to recall my son's name...now mind you we've known Fritz and his family for three years and during any other time I might have let him flounder a little but in light of the situation I felt I should help him out). At this point I said, "Ethan"..."Yes," says Fritz with a slight hint of exasperation. The next time I saw Fritz this is what he was doing.....
writing everyone's name on their helmet...
*notice the girl in the corner with the pink tape on her helmet...this is Fritz's daughter...maybe he forgot her name too...

All kidding aside, he did a wonderful job and we greatly appreciate all the hard work that everyone did to make the tournament a success... Russ, by the way was still in the shack...did I mention it was heated. 

Hockey Love, 
Darcie

P.S. If any guys are reading this make your Valentine's Day easy with www.tumbledtrinkets.com

No comments:

Post a Comment