Saturday, January 29, 2011

Valentine's Cookies And The Lumber Store

This year I was trying to think of a great way to get guys to buy Tumbled Trinkets for Valentine's Day.  It has been my careful observation through many years of study that men really like cookies and really don't like going into flower shops... that is, unless they are in deep doo-doo then a trip to the flower shop is not only necessary but a joyous occasion.  Therefore, I decided that it would be a great idea to set up shop in the local lumber store on Valentine's Day...


...I would make cookies and bring Valentine's shopping to their environment!

  
...who can resist a homemade cookie!!


I thought it was a stroke of genius...but the guy who manages the lumber store was not so sure...


...Lucky for me, he is married to my web guru, Beth who is very charming AND who is also in charge of helping him come up with new marketing ideas....


....He thinks we're nuts but he decided to give it a try...now his employee's think he's nuts.


I'll keep you posted... but for now I have 8,000,000 more cookies to make. 

Darcie (aka head squirrel at the nut factory)

P.S. You don't have to shop in a lumber store on Valentine's Day for a dazzling pair of eco-friendly recycled glass earrings ...

 

and a matching upcycled pendant....


just visit us at www.tumbledtrinkets.com ...sorry no cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Love it Darcie! Great idea. I get comments all the time at work when I wear your earrings. Miss you guys in Salmon! ~Kali Brothers

    ReplyDelete