Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chocolate Mint Brownies

I had a request for my Chocolate Mint Brownie recipe so I thought I would share...


...here's what they look like...and they're melt-in-your-mouth good! Don't bother with napkins... 


just lick your fingers or if you're 8.... your nose.


Chocolate Mint Brownies

Brownies:
 1 c butter (not margarine!!)
3/4 c cocoa
4 eggs (I love to use local fresh eggs)
1 3/4 c sugar
1/4 t salt
1 1/4 c flour
3/4 c walnuts (optional, but I always add them)

Melt butter in saucepan (or microwave safe pan) and add cocoa. Transfer to mixing bowl and beat in eggs, sugar and salt. Blend in flour and nuts until just blended. Spread in a greased 9x13 pan (*important note - lick all the spatulas and spoons...try not to get it on your nose) and bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. I like mine to be moist so I pull them out a sooner as opposed to later. Cool.

Mint Frosting:
1/2 c butter (not margarine... but I think I mentioned that)
3 c powdered sugar
1/4 c whipping cream
1 1/4 t peppermint extract
2 drops green food coloring

Beat all ingredients until smooth and fluffy. Spread on cooled brownies (once again, lick all utensils the mint icing touched)! Let sit 15 minutes before adding the chocolate icing.

Chocolate Frosting:
1/2 c butter (no...see above)
1/2 c cocoa
2 3/4 c powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
3-4 T hot water

Melt butter in saucepan (or microwave safe pan) add cocoa and blend. In mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, cocoa mixture and vanilla. Add hot water 1 T at a time until creamy. Spread over mint frosting and indulge (more licking..if necessary)! Makes 2 dozen.

 I made a torte version for "A Date With Chocolate" contest several years ago and won first place in the business (Tumbled Trinkets) category.

Blissfully,
Darcie 







2 comments:

  1. Oh Darcie, you made my day by putting the recipe on the blog. I can't wait to make them some day soon. Maybe for a potluck so I won't eat to many myself.

    Hugs,
    MIMI

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! Thank you, I die for mint and chocolate combined (Girl Scouts run from me because I scare them with my passion for Thin Mints!) and can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete