Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentine's Update - Tumbled Trinkets, Lemhi Lumber and The Mayor

I said I would keep you all updated with the Valentine's/Lumber Store saga so this is Part II...The Radio Ad.

Now, last time I introduced you to Fred, the lumber store manager...


...and one thing I have learned in the short time that I have known Fred is that he DOES NOT like to talk on the radio...

...so this week he introduced me to the Mayor.

Leo Marshall is the mayor of our fine town and a broadcaster for our local radio station...


...so Fred and I decided to pay him a visit. Leo always reads Fred's radio spots for him but we all thought it might be a nice change if I read the ad...I had no idea what this entailed but I was willing to give it a shot and Fred certainly wasn't going to do it!! From the moment we walked into the studio Fred was making sure Leo wasn't pressing any buttons that might make our visit a live broadcast. So at 8:30 the next morning I went to the radio station to record the ad that I fretted over...


Yikes...in 3, 2, 1...


I was hoping the ad sounded clever as opposed to corny....but corny works AND I got to chat with Leo...


...about all sorts of things...like multitasking, balance, the town of Salmon, and this bit of broadcasting trivia: in the old days of broadcasting the record "Hotel California" was considered a safe bet if you had to use the latrine because the song was at least six minutes long...who knew (a bunch of old broadcasters that's who)! 

We didn't solve any of the world's problems but today I met someone not as the "Mayor" but as a neighbor and I'd like to think we both were better for it ...and besides, I learned all kinds of new things.

Keep learning,
Darcie

P.S. If you don't live in Salmon and can't hear my clever/corny radio ad you can always grab a great pair of upcycled glass earrings off our website....


...I like these...

and these...



and this! 























  


No comments:

Post a Comment